One Pot AB's Honey BBQ Beef Brisket
Melt-in-the-mouth sweet honey barbecue brisket served with tenders and steamed vegies is a meal the whole family are sure to love.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg piece beef brisket
- 2 2/3 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 410 grams canned tomato puree
- t tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp Honey AB's Ironbark
- 2 tbsp treacle or golden syrup
- 3 teas onion powder
- 2 teas dried thyme
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 600 grams baby potatoes
- 1 bunch dutch carrots trimmed and scrubbed clean
- 100 grams green beans trimmed
- fresh thyme sprigs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add to pan. Cook for 5 minutes each side or until browned.
- Combine stock, sugar, tomato puree, sauce, mustard, AB's Ironbark honey, treacle, onion powder, dried thyme and garlic in a large jug. Add stock mixture to pan. Cover. Bring to a simmer. Transfer to oven. Bake for 3 hours, turning beef halfway through cooking.
- Turn beef. Arrange potatoes and carrots around beef in dish. Bake, covered, for a further 1 hour or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Add beans to dish. Cook for 10 minutes or until beans are just tender. Serve sprinkled with thyme sprigs.