Santa's Christmas Cookies
Kids will love making these for Santa, and we hear tell they’re reindeer friendly too, give Rudolph a break from the carrots and leave a few of these out for him!
- 200 grams butter
at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1/3 cup AB's Ginger in Honey
- 2 cups plain flour sifted
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar mixture in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add AB's Ginger in Honey. Beat until well combined.
- Place flours, cinnamon and milk in a bowl. Add butter mixture. Mix until dough begins to form. Turn onto a well-floured surface. Knead gently until smooth. Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160C. Using a well-floured rolling pin, roll one portion of dough out on a well-floured surface until 5mm-thick.
- Using an 8.5cm Christmas tree cutter, (or any other cutter you’d like), cut out biscuits. Place on prepared trays. Bake, swapping trays halfway during cooking, for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar, using a tea strainer to keep it even.
- Serve to the family or to Santa and his
The dough can be a little sticky, if it’s being hard to manage just pop it back into the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes or so to firm up before you roll it and add some extra flour to your work surface.