Christmas Reindeer Honey Cookies
These Christmas Reindeer Honey Cookies are fun to make with the kids and a delicious treat for the whole family!
- 1/3 cup AB's Honey We think Brisbane Locale Honey works well!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teas baking soda
- 1/8 teas salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teas almond flavouring
- mini pretzels for antlers
- assorted chocolates and lollies for nose and eyes
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Line baking tray with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the honey and cream well. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Finish by hand if needed but do not overmix the dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Use a "Christmas bell" shaped cookie cutter (upside down) to cut out reindeer shapes. Alternatively, a round cutter is ok too!
- Place cookies on baking sheet and chill for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, place in oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Mix together icing ingredients until desired consistency is reached.
- After cookies have cooled, dip face of cookie into icing and place on a drying rack.
- Position pretzels as antlers and add candy for eyes and nose.
- Let the icing harden. Now they are ready to eat! Yum!