AB's Honey Lip Balm
Just like Burt's Bees! Try for yourself, DIY Honey Lip Balm which is safe for the whole family to use!
- 4 teas beeswax pellets or chunks
- 3 teas coconut oil
- 1 teas Manuka Honey MGO 900+
- 3 teas sunflower seed oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- lip balm containers
- Melt beeswax, oils, and honey in a double boiler over a low heat. If you do not have a double boiler, simply use an aluminum bowl placed in a pan filled with warm water.
- Once the beeswax has melted, take it off the heat and start whipping with an electric mixer until the liquid becomes frosty and the honey well blended. If honey is at the bottom of the oils, you need to keep mixing.
- If it starts to harden, put back into the double boiler for a few seconds until it melts again and pour the rest the containers.
- Let the liquid cool for 2 hours until it has completely solidified before use
- Apply on your lips as often as needed for smooth moisturised lips.
The shelf life of this honey lip balm is about 1 year, depending on the shelf life of the oils and you have used. It does not need to be refrigerated.