AB's Beeswax Leather Shoe Polish
DIY leather shoe polish is simple to make and a more sustainable and economical option. You will be so glad you spent 10 minutes to create a batch for yourself, friends and family. It's a great present.
- 1/4 cup AB's Beeswax Australian raw beeswax
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil or almond oil
- 1/4 cup mineral oil
- Put ¼ cup beeswax and ¼ cup coconut butter into a saucepan. Use low heat
- When the solids start melting, slowly add ¼ cup of almond or olive oil and stir the whole time.
- When combined, add in the ¼ cup of mineral oil. Continue to stir the mix on low heat for 5 minutes. Make sure it does not boil.
- Pour the mixture into containers or tins of choice.
If you want a thicker polish increase the ratio of beeswax/coconut butter to olive/almond/mineral oil. For a thinner polish add a higher ratio of oil.